New program: The winter turf field futsal program at the high school is a collaborative effort between Athens High Soccer, GASA, Athens Community Soccer, and Athens Futsal. The program runs on Sunday afternoons from November into April and provides scheduled times for family futsal on the turf field of Athens high. The program will support the development of youth players (from U8 through high school) and adults in a playing environment focused on fun participation and peer mentoring. The fee for the turf field program will raise funds for GASA and equipment for highschool soccer and futsal.
Purpose: This program creates wintertime opportunities for players of all ages to develop their skills, enjoy the game, and build community with other futsal/soccer players in Athens. To support the development of youth players in an environment focused on skill and fun.
Three fundamental rules of Athens Family Futsal:
- Have fun!
- Don't hurt anyone (including yourself)
- Take it easy on those that need to taken easy upon.
- Become a member of Athens Community Soccer
- Includes membership in ACS spring, summer, and fall programs
- Adult annual fee $35
- Youth annual fee $20
- Join the "Turf field futsal" on the ACS page [This new page is not yet available]
- Adult fee $20
- Youth fee $10
- Athens high student: No charge
When: Sundays 1:00 to help set up; Play 1:30 to 3:30 (within constraints of reasonable winter weather)
- Shin guards and shoes: cleats, turf shoes, and indoor shoes all work. Cleats or turf shoes will be best for most players.
- Different layers of clothes: long underwear, sweatshirts and jackets, hats, gloves, as well as large t-shirts.
- T-shirts in several color options (dark, light, red) for outer layer (over sized tshirts). We will have pinnies, but might need some fields to go with dark or light shirts.
- Desire to have fun, play well, and help others learn.
Mission of ‘Athens Futsal’ the organization
Athens futsal is an Ohio University and Athens community based group that includes futsal players of all ages, genders, abilities and backgrounds. We are dedicated to fostering opportunities for members of the broad OU and Athens community to develop the love of the game, improve skills and abilities, and to foster friendship and community among all players. We do this by encouraging inclusive participation in recreational, just-for-fun games and by actively demonstrating our commitment to fair play, and compassion for the safety, enjoyment, and development of all players. See more details on the Athens Futsal Mission.